Sun, Love, and God

I believe in the sun even when it is not shining.

I believe in love even when I do not feel like it.

I believe in God even when I discover that His judgment allows zero chance for so many of my good friends and loved ones to get into heaven: Those committed to viewing as morally acceptable the celebration of various extra-biblical preferences. 

It is sobering to realize that we do not have so much freedom a we may have thought. I had a professor here at the local seminary who said that we may worry that when we are in heaven, we will have our joy tarnished by the understanding that some of our loved ones are not there, but rather are in hell.  He said he believed that a new understanding would arise, to where we fully understand that those in Hell go there freely, in accordance with their most sincere preferences. And they therein belong there, if only because it is the only place of all possible options (two) that they want to be.  Most saliently, they do not want to be in heaven, as that requires submitting wholly to an all-loving, all-powerful, long-suffering, God of grace Who does not will that any of his creatures end up in hell. 

So, it is utterly their choice, alas.   

Cape Verde
I meet a goodly variety of people group representatives here in the RTP area (Research Triangle Park) of North Carolina.  I enjoy interacting with people from a wide variety of cultures.  My daughter and I had a long conversation just now with a 25-year-old young lady from Cape Verde, off the coast of Africa. She fits the profile of Majority World Christians.  I did not realize that they speak Portuguese in Cape Verde. She understood some French, though, and her mother has lived in France for over a decade. She lives here with her Father, in Raleigh.  She is studying to become a certified nursing assistant, work I did in the spring of 1983 in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. 

Majority World Christians accept the Bible in its plain reading of the text on issues such as God's judgment behaviors related to the modern social construct of "sexual orientation".  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brethren Dwelling in Unity

Coffee On Top of the Car